Abhiram Kumar Verma
Back to Abhiram's Homepage
- Rock Mechanics and Ground Control
- Numerical Methods
- Artificial Intelligence
- Ph.D, IIT-Kharagpur, 2006 (Submitted).
Topic: Evaluation of Longwall Face Stability Using Finite Element Analysis and Statistical Models.
Advisor: Prof. Debasis Deb.
- M.Tech. (Mine Planning), Institute of Technology , Banaras Hindu University , Varanasi, 2002.
Thesis: Stresses around Sublevel Caving Faces.
- B.Sc.Engg (Mining), Bihar Institute of Technology Sindri, 2000.
Project: Computer aided Management Information System in Mining Activities.
- Application of Finite Element Method in Mining Machinary Problems, IIT Kharagpur, INDIA.
- Application of Numerical Analysis Techniques in Geomechanics Problems, IIT Kharagpur, INDIA.
- Testing of Canopy and Base Structures of Chock Shield Support Using Three Dimensional Finite Element Models, NIM, SCCL, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- Analysis of Longwall Strata Control Problem Using Finite Element Method, NIM, SCCL, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- Indian Bureau of Mines, Nagpur (2004)
Rock Testing and Numerical Modelling for Stope Design at the Bangur Chromite Mine.
- Mahanadi Coal Fields Ltd (2003)
Failure Analysis of Walking Mechanism of a Page Dragline Using Finite Element Methods.
- Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (2003)
Analysis of Concreting Work of Return Airshaft at GDK.11A Incline Using Finite Element Methods.
- Effect of Lithological Variations on Chock Shield Support Using Numerical Modeling Technique, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 2006 (Accepted).
- Evaluation of Longwall Face Stability Factors Using Multivariate Regression Analysis, Int. Sym on Advances in Mining Technology and Management (aimm), 30 November - 2 December, 2005, IIT Kharagpur, India, 131-135.
- Stability Analysis of Shaft Pillars Using Three Dimensional Finite Element Modeling – A Case Study, 2004, Proceeding of the ISRM International Symposium 3rd ARMS, Ohnishi & Aoki (eds), 30th Nov., Kyoto, Japan, p. 1089-1094.
- Ground Control Problems in Indian Longwall mines- a Perspective and Future Research Outlook, Journal of Mines, Metals & Fuels, 2004, Vol. 52, Nos. 9 & 10, Sep-Oct, PP.178-185.
- Numerical Analysis of Support and Rock Strata Interaction at Longwall Faces, 2004, Nat. Symp. on Advances in Geotechnical Engineering (NSAGE), 22-23 July, IISc, Bangalore, India, p. 223 - 228.
- Charecterization of Ground Control Problems in Indian Longwall Mines and Scope For Further Research, 2004, Int. Conf. on Technology and Management for Sustainable Exploitation of Minerals and Natural Resources (TAMSEM), 5-7 February, IIT Kharagpur, India, pp. 425-438.
- Stability Analysis of Canopy and Base Structures of Chock Shield Support
Using Three-Dimensional Finite Element Models, 2003, The Indian Mining and
Engineering Journal, Vol. 42, No. 8-9, Sep., pp. 16-23.
- Failure Analysis of Walking Mechanism of A Mechanical Dragline Using Three Dimensional Finite Element Modelling: A Case Study, 2003, MGMI Int. Conf. on Emerging Challenges in Mining Industry (ECMI), 22-23 August, Kolkata, India, pp. 111-122.
Department of Mining Engg.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur